Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Groovy Author Interview!

Hi guys,

I've got another author interview for you! Groovy Lee was nice enough to answer some of my questions about her books! Here's the interview, and a link to her Goodreads.com page so you can check some of them out for yourselves! She writes clean Suspense, and Romance Suspense.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7014495.Groovy_Lee



1.  When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

A.   Although I’ve been writing all my life, I decided to get serious about it during my Harlequin-Silhouette Romance phase. Those beautiful love stories inspired me to want to become a romance author, too.

2.    What was the first book you ever wrote? What was it about?

A.   A romance novel, of course—LOL!  And it was about the usual romantic formula of conquering obstacles that get in the way of finding true love.

3.    Pick a favorite character of yours that you’ve written? Why are they your favorite?

A.   That would have to be Piper Banion from my first Suspense novel, ‘Cause She’s A Good Girl. That’s because she and I are a lot alike, and we’ve gone through similar hardships in life. Her mom was very abusive and told her often that she did not want her; she had to teach herself how to survive in life; she has a best friend that people mistake for her sister; she has a big, kind heart, and faces any problem in life with strong determination. (I like to think that’s me, also)

4.    Pick your least favorite.

A.   Piper’s abusive mom, Connie.

5.    Tell us something about your book. Preferably something that’s not already in the blurb.

A.   A Body Resurrected is a Thriller/Romance/with a bit of Sci-Fi woven into the storyline. Although it centers around two visitors from outer space, the story is really down-to-earth suspense, and about how far love can span the universe. It encompasses a strong female heritage that’s passed down through generations. There’s also a wonderful close-knit, protective relationship between the protagonist, Tina, and her grandmother, Bitsy.

6.    What do you do when you’re not writing?

 A. Music is my second love. I also try and catch up on my love for reading; I crochet; and tend to my garden. And if tennis is on, I’m glued to the television the entire season.

7.    What made you decide to write in this genre? Have you thought about trying other genres?

A.   I was hooked to Harlequin and Silhouette back in the day. So I love writing about the passion between a man and woman as their lives journey through obstacles towards a Happy-Ever-After. I write Suspense because I love edge-of-the-seat plots, and I tend to combine them at times. Even though I can add a bit of Sci-Fi into one of my storylines, I can’t write a book along the lines of Prometheus or Aliens. I don’t know if I have the know-how to write outside my preferred genres. If my writing imagination doesn’t take me into those worlds, then I would be no good at writing them.

8.    Do you get writer’s block?

A.   I’ve never met Mr. Block yet, and I sure hope I never do. But if he ever tries to sneak upon me, I’ll relax, empty my mind, and emerge myself in my other hobbies that makes me happy and will spark my imagination.

9.    Are you a plotter? Or do you like to write on the edge of your seat?

A.   My stories are often sparked by something someone says, or a song. I don’t really sit and think how to come up with the next book. I just write what my characters tell me to; and they will not let up until I get it right. So, I guess I’m an edge-of-seat kind of writer.

10.  Are there any social media sites/blog/website we can visit to get more information about current and upcoming projects?

A.   Thank-you for asking. Here they are:

          http://www.groovylee.com/

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

https://www.facebook.com/Groovy-lee-2...
                
 11. Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you and/or your writing?

A.   I’d like to mention that I’m a clean writer. My books are not full of graphic violence, gory descriptions, or graphic sex. And I’d like the readers to know this in case they open one of my works and are expecting one thing and are disappointed. I really love writing and taking my readers on a journey that evokes all kinds of emotions. Please feel free to contact me at any of my social sites, I’d love to hear from you and talk about books or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment