Friday, September 16, 2016

The Sin Eater's Daughter by: Melinda Salisbury

Follow me on Instagram: TempestChani

Blurb:

A startling, seductive, deliciously dark debut that will shatter your definition of YA fantasy. Sixteen-year-old Twylla lives in the castle. But although she's engaged to the prince, no one speaks to her. No one even looks at her. Because Twylla isn't a member of the court. She's the executioner.As the goddess-embodied, Twylla kills with a single touch. So each week, she's taken to the prison and forced to lay her hands on those accused of treason. No one will ever love her. Who could care for a girl with murder in her veins? Even the prince, whose royal blood supposedly makes him immune to her touch, avoids her.But then a new guard arrives, a boy whose playful smile belies his deadly swordsmanship. And unlike the others, he's able to look past Twylla's executioner robes and see the girl, not the goddess. Yet a treasonous romance is the least of Twylla's problems. The queen has a plan to destroy her enemies-a plan that requires an unthinkable sacrifice. Will Twylla do what it takes to protect her kingdom? Or will she abandon her duty in favor of a doomed love?

* * *
 
Honestly, I would have given this book 5 stars....if not for the ending. That ending made me very upset, because I as the reader felt lied to as well, and the epilogue just completely pissed me off. I loved the twists in the second half of this book, they were great and entertaining and I couldn't put the book down. But that ending....I'm not going to get over it. I hate when books are great and amazing and then you get the end it just...ends. I don't feel like there was a good conclusion to any of their stories, and I'm even more disappointed because I didn't realize that the second book wasn't actually about them but Leif's sister. Just when I was starting to actually like the prince and Twylla it ends like that.

If you're the type of person who can ignore incomplete endings that don't give you proper time to follow why characters do what they do, read this book. Honestly, I absolutely loved it up until then. And just to be clear (spoiler alert right here!!!!!!) it wasn't that she initially decided to go off and try being on her own. That I totally understand and like. BUT the knock on the door? Clearly being happy after everything?! No. Just no. And poor fricken Merek! IF the second book had focused solely on them, like I'd thought, then it would have been fine. But ending like this...ugh. Ok. I'm done ranting.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment