Friday, September 16, 2016

Dream a Little Dream By Kerstin Gier

Follow me on Instagram: TempestChani

Blurb:

Mysterious doors with lizard-head knobs. Talking stone statues. A crazy girl with a hatchet. Yes, Liv's dreams have been pretty weird lately. Especially the one where she's in a graveyard at night, watching four boys conduct dark magic rituals.

The strangest part is that Liv recognizes the boys in her dream. They're classmates from her new school in London, the school where she's starting over because her mom has moved them to a new country (again). But what's really scaring Liv is that the dream boys seem to know things about her in real life, things they couldn't possibly know--unless they actually are in her dreams? Luckily, Liv never could resist a good mystery, and all four of those boys are pretty cute....


* * *
 
If you read my activity feed in this book, you might be surprised that I rated this so highly in the end. Going to be honest, so was I. Liv's constant disbelief in the demon throughout the book got on my last nerve, especially because it gave away a huge chunk of the plot when she was still doing it around 60% in. The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Only in the reverse, because it was actually in her constant protesting that I guessed at what was going on. Making her that annoying otherwise would have served no purpose other than to make readers want to hit her over the head--still--at the end of the book. HOWEVER, even after guessing at the rest of the plot....the ending wrapped up rather nicely. The whole thing went down with enough action to keep me interested, while making sure not to drag its feet, which I appreciated. All in all, as a whole I've got to say I loved this book. I also believe I read somewhere, and please do correct me if I'm wrong, that this was also originally written in German? If that's truly the case, then I've got a feeling some things got a bit lost in translation when it was switched over to English, which might have been the cause for many other moments where I was bored, annoyed, or rolling my eyes over certain words and expressions. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book now, and highly recommend this if you've got the patience to get through the somewhat slow beginning.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment