Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Forbidden Surrender (Forever, #1) by Priscila West

Review by Tempest.

Blurb:

“What gives you a thrill Kristen?”

The minute I saw Vincent Sorenson, I knew he was trouble. Billionaire. Bad boy. And dangerously sexy. He was everything I craved, and nothing I needed.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t just avoid him. The higher ups at my company decided they needed his business, and I was on the team to bring him in. Vincent Sorenson didn’t seem as interested in business as he was in me, but I knew that was a door better left unopened. If I got involved with him, it would only unearth the pain I spent years trying to bury.

I thought I had it under control, but I seriously underestimated Vincent’s seductive charm and silver-tongue. I would soon find out how delicious it would feel to let myself fall into this forbidden surrender.


* * *

I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I got it off of NetGalley and was honestly expecting another Fifty Shades wannabe. While this genre/concept has been done many times now, I felt Forbidden Surrender was a fresh twist on what could have been a stale story. I really liked both lead characters, which doesn't happen often for me in these types of books, and found myself more and more interested in their pasts. Vincent was....wow. Those three letters pretty much sum it up. I'm the type of girl who's into tattoos, which we can get a lot of in books, but the added nipple piercings were a fantastic touch. I also really enjoyed the tiny explanation of how/why got them. Instead of it just being one of those details where the author's like, "he has them cause they're hot!" she actually took the time to work it in there so that it actually acted as character building. From that single (probably only two line) explanation, we see and understand a lot about who Julian is as a person. I loved how independent Kristen was. It's totally believable why she doesn't want to cross that line with him, and why she eventually does. This was a fun, quick and light read with tons of romance and plot. I was expecting smut, smut, smut, and don't get me wrong, there are a few sex scenes, but for the most part, the author really takes the time to draw you in and get you to care about these characters and their situation. The only remotely bad thing I can say is that it ended in a way that made me feel this was more the first part to a serial than the first book of a series. HOWEVER, that's more a personal opinion than anything, and in no way detracts from how great the story is. Highly recommend, and started on the second already!




Don't forget to check out the huge giveaway going on over at my author's blog!!! The link can be found on the left sidebar! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment