Thursday, January 16, 2014

Anything He Wants (Dominated by the Billionaire, #1-5) by Sara Fawkes

Review by Tempest.

Blurb:

Lucy Delacourt's temp position isn't quite her dream job but it pays the bills. The highlight of her day is riding the elevator in the mornings with a handsome stranger. Tall, dark, and sexy as hell, Lucy knows he's way out of her league, but a girl can look, right?

Everything changes the day the stranger seduces her. Completely out of character, she yields without a fight, but she has no idea her wanton acts with a man whose name she doesn't know will change her life forever. Because the sexy stranger is none other than Jeremiah Hamilton, billionaire CEO of Hamilton Industries, and one taste isn't nearly enough to satisfy his need.  As the billionaire pulls Lucy deeper into his world of high stakes business deals and ruthless takeovers, he demands nothing less than her complete surrender.  But even as enemies seek deadly revenge against him, she’ll discover that her greatest threat is falling for her fiercely guarded boss…and yielding to her own darkest needs.

* * *
 
 
Just as a note, this was originally published as a 5 part e serial novel. Also I actually read this before reading Fifty Shades of Grey , and I liked it, which is probably why I ended up reading Fifty.
 
I didn't expect to like this book as much as I did, especially with all the one star ratings. Oddly, however, I did. Sure, there are things I could have done without, but I personally liked how it jumped right in. It did a good job of drawing me in with the sex scenes, and then it dwindles down and gives mostly plot later on. The same can be said about the second book (which has only been released in pieces at this time) but we're not talking about that! :) Anyway, I won't get to in depth with this one, but, I liked Lucy. She was interesting enough and I didn't mind being in her head and seeing things from her point of view. She also didn't seem to mind too much the deal that Jeremiah was giving her, despite her internal complaints. I'm not sure I would have fallen so hard for him if I was in her position, but for the most part I can see the appeal. However, I hated how Jeremiah was constantly a control freak jerk. I get that with lives in danger he has to look out for others, but locking them up in anything-even if it is a giant mansion-and then not understanding why they're going stir crazy is just over the top. He also can't admit to even having feelings for her, which is annoying. I mean, you don't expect the guy to come right out and confess his undying love or anything like that, but at the end there...I can see why she got into that car. Which brings me to Lucas. Love him. Not really sure why, considering he's kinda a dick like his brother. Still, he's interesting and I like how the author was able to give them distinct personalities by giving them polar opposite ones. Even though they're brothers, it's easy to see where their lives took different turns and why each of them is the way that they are. I liked that and felt that it gave the story a certain depth that held my attention. The action scenes were well written, and they kept me invested. While this does start out with sex, sex, and more sex, there is a general plot. You've got to read a bit further in to get to it, but in my personal opinion, it's worth it.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment