Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Easy by Tammara Webber

Review by Tempest.

Blurb:

Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.


* * *

Wow, I was not expecting to like this book as much as I did. When I decided to buy it, it was mostly because of the good reviews it had received, and the fact that I thought, that in the off chance I was in the mood for something not paranormal, it'd be handy to have a book on hand. Tammara Webber BLEW ME AWAY. Seriously. I am now a huge fan, and will literally buy anything she comes out with. I don't even feel the need to read a blurb of her next book. I'll buy it no matter what it's about, that's how good this one was. The characters all had a lot of depth, and were extremely well rounded. It was, no pun intended, easy to see the differences in them, and not a single one was a filler character. They each had a purpose, without making it seem like they were only a means to an end that the author created. I never once felt like someone was written into the story merely to keep it moving, or to get from point A to B. It was also clear that the author did her homework and researched the topics discussed in the book. I feel like I learned a little bit more about self defense just by reading it. And I'm in love with Lucas, if he was a real boy, I'd probably attempt to steal him away. I loved that they each had something unique that they were interested in and good at, him with his art and her with her music. In a way that creative drive really helped to bond them. The plot itself was great, with nothing over the top happening that felt unbelievable. That's an issue that I have, where authors who aren't writing something paranormal tend to make things happen that aren't believable at all, things that are clearly just plot devices. Webber didn't have any of these, and I was sucked right in. I wanted to know what has going to happen between her, Lucas, and even Kennedy. The latter was extremely well written as well. While he was a jerk, there were still obvious redeeming qualities about him so that as the reader I never once stopped and went, "well this doesn't make sense. Why the heck was she with him in the first place?". I can see why she was in love with him, but also why it's best for her to move on. He does some pretty messed up things, and his reasoning for their break up...yeah. Jerk. All in all, I seriously recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a story about the basics without all the flashing lights and vampire stuff. Love, self acceptance, confidence, and even some kick ass self defense moves, this book has it all. Oh yeah, and did I mention, Lucas has tattoos? I don't know about you, but that just makes me swoon. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment