Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wicked Kiss (Nightwachers, #2) by Michelle Rowen

Review by Tempest.

Blurb:

My kiss can kill.

I used to be ordinary Samantha Day, but that's changed. Now, after one dark kiss from a dangerous boy, I can steal someone's soul…or their life. If I give in to the constant hunger inside me, I hurt anyone I kiss. If I don't…I hurt myself.

Bishop is the one whose kiss I crave most, but if I kiss him, I'll kill him. Then there's another boy, one I can't hurt. One whose kiss seems to miraculously quell my hunger. They're both part of a team of angels and demons that's joined forces in my city to fight a mysterious rising darkness, an evil that threatens everyone I know and love. I just wonder if I'll be able to help Bishop—or if I'm just another part of the darkness he's sworn to destroy….

NIGHTWATCHERS: When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising…


* * *

I love this book. It was amazing, and half of me is super glad there were only two books in this series because that ending was phenomenal, while the other half is upset because it means...well, it's the end. I'm seriously going to miss Bishop and Kraven probably more than a person should miss two imaginary characters. They've definitely made it to my favorite's of all time list (which actually isn't as long as you might think). There was very little about this book I didn't like. One thing was that in the beginning, Sam was a bit naive towards certain things. It was obvious that the suicides were all connected, and it was a little annoying that she didn't figure that out earlier on. I mean, someone who'd gone through all that she just had should have had a more open mind. However, I loved the twist that came a little later, how different it ended up being. Rowen does a great job of leading the reader down a dark ally, and just when you think you've figured out what creepy crawly is waiting for you at the end, BAM. This was one of the main things I loved about the first book as well, and I'm so glad to see that that didn't change. The new additions to the cast were great. They each had real purpose in being there, and we weren't just bombarded by what these purposes were from the get go. We discovered new things about each of them, and about what was going on in the city, little by little, which helped to keep my attention. Just like with Dark Kiss, I consumed he first half of the book in one sitting. I had to forcefully stop myself because it was four in the morning and I had work the next day, but all I wanted to do was finish reading. I'm so picky about books about angels (I used to hate them, but have recently developed a slight addiction to all things involving the afterlife, including angels and demons) and I've got to say that the Nightwatchers series is by far, hands down, one hundred percent, the BEST angel books I've ever read. Ever. I would sum it up more, but I seriously don't want to give anything away. I will say that the ending was phenomenal. I was twenty pages away from it being over and scratching my head thinking, how the heck is she going to pull this off in such short time? I apologize for my doubt in you, Michelle Rowen. And I can't tell you how ecstatic I am that Kraven got to hang around too. I would have been seriously pissed if he hadn't been. I'm so glad that I read these books, and I HIGHLY recommend them to EVERYONE. Seriously, anyone who likes paranormal, plot twists, and interesting characters should check this out. It never ends up where you think it's going to, which is great, and once you start you won't want to put it down!



No comments:

Post a Comment