Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Heir Untamed (Latvala Royals, #1) by Danielle Bourdon

Review by Tempest.

Blurb:

Desperate for work to avoid eviction from her Seattle apartment, photographer Chey Sinclair accepts a rare opportunity to travel abroad and photograph Latvala Royalty. Encountering the Royals for the first time, Chey experiences an instant attraction to Mattias, second in line to the throne. He's charming, confident—and taken.

During a horseback ride to clear her head, Chey finds herself in a scuffle with Sander Fisk, head of security. Rugged, determined and sharp tongued, Sander is infuriating as well as intriguing.

Faced with conflicting emotions and a mystery unfolding in the castle, Chey must decide between men: a Prince of Latvala, or an arrogant rogue.

She discovers the hard way that this particular fairy tale was more than she ever bargained for.

* * *

Before I start the review, just want to say sorry for all the shorter ones lately guys! :/ All of the books I've read over the past week have either been so complex (or easy) that I didn't want to say too much and give away integral plot info, oooorrrr I loved them so much I couldn't find enoguh wrong with them to say anything more then it was great! :) Happens sometimes. Anywho, just wanted to explain the shorter reviews as of late, who knows, I'm not liking Under The Never Sky so much right now, so maybe a lengthier review is in my furture. ;)

This was a fun almost Cinderella-like story about a photographer who's just about to be evicted (and who lost her parents nine months ago in a car accident) who suddenly gets invited to photograph royalty in their own country for four months. Of course, once there, she ends up developing an attraction for one prince, and something more with another man. From the get go it's obvious that there's more to Sander then we're being told, but the plot really could go one of two ways, neither of which I'll spell out for you because I don't want to give away the book. However, it was interesting trying to discover which direction it would end up taking. As far as love triangles go, there really wasn't much of one in this book. The blurb makes it sound like there is, but trust me, between her and one of the male leads there really isn't anything but mutual attraction, which neither of them even ever act on. While slightly predictable, I found that the dialogue and the plot moved smoothly, making it an all together enjoyable read. There were times where I found myself yelling at Chey for being stupid and a bit naive, but I got over it quickly when it happened. I bought the second book right after finishing this one, so it was worth it. Besides, this book is currently being offered as a FREE ebook download on Amazon, so those of you who think this might be interesting should really go and grab a copy. If you want to just sit down, enjoy an easy read with romance and a splash of royalty involved then this is for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment