Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Window Wednesday: #3

Hello all! It is Wednesday! :) Ok, so it's almost over, but figured we'd put up a WW anyway. The topic this week is Couples From Literature We Love in honor of Valentine's day! Be sure to let us know if there's a couple that stood out from a book or series you've read, and why you love them so much! Hope you all have a Happy V-Day!

Tempest:


1.) Daemon and Katy.
Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Yup, I'm mentioning Daemon and these books again, but they're great so... Enough said. What I love most about their relationship is that it wasn't just insta' love like what happens in most teen books.

2.) Irial, Niall, and Leslie.
Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely #2) by Melissa Marr.

Ok, so no this isn't a traditional relationship, and they aren't really even complete a "couple" with each other throughout or anything, but I love them, and I love them together. This is also probably the only teen book I've ever read where three characters all being in love with one another seemed real and believable. It worked without being too much.

3.) Heyerday and Ava.
Dark Dealings by Kim Knox.

Forget Ava, I'm in love with Heyerday. Does he have an...interesting...name? Yes. But I love him. Actually, it's funny, he's probably one of my favorite characters of all time. Literally. And I read A LOT. Anywho, my love aside, I really like the relationship between these two, and how it develops throughout the book.

4.) Rochester and Jane.
Jane Eyre by Charalotte Bronte.

Obviously if you've read Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys you probably don't agree with me on this one, but I choose to ignore the horrible deeds done in that book. Lol. Though it was well written. Actually, most of you probably just won't agree period. There's just something about the dynamics between these two that I love though. It isn't that I necessarily like Rochester enough to want him happy at the end, but I like Jane enough to. And besides, for all you Bronte fans out there, at least I didn't say Heathcliff and Catherine. ;)

5.) Adam and Cassie.
The Secret Circle by L.J Smith.

I've a huge L.J Smith fan. My favorite series by her is actually The Forbidden Game but Julian and Jenny's relationship wasn't really...even a relationship. If you haven't read it yet though I totally suggest you do! It's one of my favorites of all time. I think I like Adam and Cassie's relationship just because of all the things they have to go through in order to realize what they really mean to one another. The concept of soulmates always makes me think true love so... :)

Jacey:


1.) Beatrice and Benadick.
Much Ado About Nothing by Shakespeare.

2.) Aubrey and Jessica.
Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.

...

Clearly I need to read more. Sorry guys :/


Ok, well let us know who you like (and do a better job of it then Jacey ;))! Hope you're all having a great week so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment