Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Review by Tempest.

Blurb:

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

* * *


I love the Lux series. By the end of this book I thought I was going to cry I wanted to keep reading so badly. I can't wait for the next one. Daemon and Katy just keep getting better and better. In this book we get to see the two of them really commit one hundred percent to one another, and it's great to see how their relationship develops and how well they both know one another. Everyone is still dealing with the loss of one of their own from the past book, so some of the dynamics between characters are very different in this book. Things between Dee and Katy are strained and it's very interesting to see how they react around each other. It's so different from what the reader is used to, and I liked how throughout the book we're kept on the edge of our seat waiting for their friendship to be rekindled. Like always Armentrout did an amazing job creating this world and sucking my in. She has "show don't tell" down to a T. I'd read thirty pages and not even realize that only a day or two have passed for the characters, that's how enthralling her words are. The ending to this book was a bit more in your face then the last, and left at a point where I feel most readers hearts will be left broken. It definitely leaves you wanting for the next book in the series, that's for sure. I wish there was more I could say about it, but it was so good there's really nothing but AWESOME. I can't even think up a single thing I didn't like. I would recommend to everyone they try this story out, especially if you were a fan of the late TV show, Roswell. It sort of has a similar feel, just with a whole lot more.  


No comments:

Post a Comment