Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Window Wednesday: #2

Hey hey! Hope you guys have been having a good week so far! Mine's been pretty busy (I'm working on a new book! -Tempest). So have you ever read a book where there's a character you just wish were real so that you could hang out with them? That happens to us all the time. Last week our Window question was about characters we wish were real that we could date, this week it's Characters We Wish Were Our Bestfriend.


Tempest:

1.) Puck.
The Iron Fey books by Julie Kagawa.

I loved these books. Ash almost made my list last week :). But out of all the characters, I've always thought Puck would be the coolest to be friends with in real life. Imagine all the things that he's done? The stories he could tell. It would be awesome. Plus, sometimes getting into a little mischief is a must. ;)

2.) Stasia, Carmen, Phoebe, and Willow
Daughters of the Sea Trilogy by Kristen Day.

Ok, so yes, technically this is sort of cheating, having four names down but just labeling it one, but you know what? I make the rules. So there. :P Also, it was just too hard to pick. I love all four of these girls and their friendship. They're all so unique, so why would I ever want to just know one of them? The final book of this series just came out yesterday, by the way, so anyone who hasn't yet checked these books out, you really really should.

3.) Pi Patel
Life of Pi by Yann Martel.

First off, who wouldn't want to be told this story first hand? It would be awesome to listen to him tell it out loud. Another reason I would love for him to be real, and for me to know him, is that he has so much strength in him. After everything he's been through, everyday problems probably don't seem like such a big deal. Having a positive influence around is always a good thing.

4.) Risika
In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.

Aubrey was on my list last week, and this week it Risika. Yes, they hate each other, but you know what? I still love them both. :) Who wouldn't want an awesome vampire on their side? And tigers are my favorite animal too so...kindred spirits.

5.) Irial
Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely #2) by Melissa Marr.

I love his name. He would totally make the list from last week. All of these books are great, and this wasn't even my favorite one in the series, but Irial is without a doubt hands down my favorite character.


Jacey:

1.) Loor
Pendragon: Journal of an Adventure Through Time and Space by D.J. Machale

Yup. I've chosen another Traveler of Territories for this week's Window Wednesday. Though I've been reading for leisure since I was 8, I don't recall having as big of a best-friend-girl-crush until I met Loor in the first book. Not only is this girl a COMPLETE bad ass from the seemingly parched desert territory of Zadaa (also, she lives in a world similar to ancient pyramid cultures which I HIGHLY dig) She had this strong moral compass and a strong sense of right and wrong which I greatly respected, along with a loyalty to her friends that seemed unbeatable. I usually find myself prizing the loyalty of my friends among all things, which would probably be a good reason as to why I love Loor so much.

2.) Aslan
The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis

Um...who wouldn't want a Jesus-lion as your best friend? :D All religious symbolism aside though, I have always wanted to snuggle my face into the fluffiness that is Aslan, the one true king of Narnia. He's awesome with kids, brings order wherever he goes, and created an entire realm through song. Pretty sure i'd love to have him on my side in an argument and would want to learn how to sing like that :P

3.) Ed'Rashtekaresket (aka "Ed")

Deep Wizardry (#2 Young Wizards Series) by Diane Duane

So I don't think many people would want to be best friends with a shark (my esteemed colleague would agree) But many people may not have known The Master Shark, a powerful underwater wizard from Duane's Young Wizards series. His outward edginess and his apparent wit only made me want to get to know him more (if he was in human form, he'd probably be that bad boy man of mystery; I considered putting him on the list last week but then though better of it). The friendship that unfolds between him and Nita is awesome too, and by the end of the book I really wished I had a shark pal of my own :(

4.) Michonne
The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard

Though I couldn't continue reading past volume four, Michonne's initial appearance in the series was pretty sick. During a zombie apocalypse, I think I'd feel the safest with a girl who wielded a katanna with two jawless zombies chained to her (the zombies hide one's scent from other walkers, and they can't eat you when they're disarmed.). So yeah, then the zombie apocalypse comes around make no mistake, people. I'm calling dibs.

5.) Odris
The Seventh Tower series by Garth Nix

A storm Shepard from Aenir who turns into a spiritshadow for Tal, the main protagonist in the series (basically, the "Chosen" who inhabit an infinitely large castle go into the spirit world Aenir and when they've picked a spirit, they bind it to them, and become their shadow). I loved how quirky he was and as creepy as it might become, having a shadow as your best friend might be kind of cool :) 

 

Alright, so there you have it guys! A window into what kinds of characters we want to be our friends ;) Let us know who's made your list! Maybe we've read that book as well! Also, be sure to check back later on for information on our Cover Contest which should begin either late Thursday night or Friday!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment