Monday, January 14, 2013

Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Review by Tempest.

Blurb:

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies...


* * *

Wow. That's really all there is to say. Like with the first book in this series it was so hard to put Onyx down! I loved the characters and the plot was constantly keeping me on my toes! Armentrout has the uncanny ability to make everything she puts down on paper seem like it's really happening right in front of me. Not only that, but what would otherwise be considered as dragging scenes for most authors, she makes even something small like Kat blogging seem interesting. I have a major problem with filler scenes, they bore me, and I'm always the first to point them out. But there isn't a single one in this book. If humanly possible (alien possible? Alienly possibly?) I feel even more in love with Daemon this time around. He's fantastic. The depths in which he's written is astounding. I don't think I've read a more three dimensional character before in fact. Kat is the same way, most of them are in this book. The only problem I had with her was that at times she wasn't acting very smart, but that actually only made me more interested instead of actually annoyed. This is a short review, I know, but honestly that's because I really can't think of a single thing I didn't like about this book. I'm definitely going to rush out and buy the third one now. I'd recommend this to anyone who's interested in a romantic, action packed story, filled with paranormal occurrences and a romance that isn't the cliched, "I love you within the first second of seeing you" plot line.


Don't forget to sign up for our giveaway below!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment