Saturday, January 26, 2013

Leibster Blog Award!!!



Wow...our first blog award! :) Thanks so much to Avanti from Avanti's Place for nominating us! Jacey and I are both really excited! Here's a link to Avanti's blog, and really thank you!!!

Avanti's Place
The Rules of the award:

  1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
  2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees
  3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (no tag backs)
  4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.

Questions from Avanti:
  1. What are you currently reading & why did you choose that book? Tempest: I'm currently reading Death and the Girl Next Door, by Daynda Jones. The story line just looked really interesting, and I've heard good things about it. Jacey: At the moment I'm reading Vered Ehsani's Dragon's War. It's a sequel to her book Dragon's Mind which I thought had a really neat concept and several themes that I found intriguing and thought-provoking.
  2. Why do you love reading so much? Tempest: I was brought up reading. My dad made sure that I was taught and doing it on my own by the age of two. It's always just been something I love to do, a good way for me to escape the everyday world for a little bit. Jacey: For me it's always been about the escape. When I was in middle school especially, when I didn't have many friends or places to run for cover when the bullies came knocking, I'd look for solace in the worlds and people that authors created, which also in turn gave me hope that I'd get to have such encounters that their characters did in the future. That still rings true today whenever I feel like I need to escape from other outside forces.
  3. Why did you start blogging? Tempest: I originally started blogging because as an indie author, I found out that was one of the best ways to get my work out there for people to see. I started the book review blog because I realized I read so much, and I enjoy talking about it with others so much, that it just made sense to put all of those thoughts down somewhere. Jacey: I really didn't know much about blogging until my best friend Tempest put me up to it. I love reading and pretty much half of our conversations are made up of what we've read or what interesting facts we've gathered while reading and also about the books we've read. Also I've always enjoyed critique workshops in classes I've taken, and I thought that helping with a blog where I could review books would be a perfect way to continue critical analysis.
  4. If you could be any character for a day who would it be? Tempest: Is it weird if I say Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Technically, there are books out there with her in them so...Lol. And she is a character. Jacey: Dang that's really tough...can I be an alien? Because then I'd be Prince Elfangor (or the female equivalent) from KA Applegate's Animorphs. They have a scythe at the end of their tale, have the body of a deer, they absorb nutrients through their hooves AND have four eyes, two of which can swivel on stalks and see behind them, and they can keep them open while they sleep. If anyone wanted to jump me, I'd be pretty much ready to go, PLUS I could morph. Which is just awesome.  
  5. When you finish a book do you keep it or pass it on? Tempest: I keep it. I'm a notorious book hoarder. I do let friends borrow them though. Lot's of people come over and call my place their personal library. :) If I really like a book, I'm probably going to eventually reread it, so I like to keep it around. Jacey: Usually, I keep it, but if I REALLY enjoy a book, I have this issue where I have to press it into someone else's hands and coerce them into reading it, just so they too could feel as exhilarated as I did while reading it. 
  6. Favorite movie & why? Tempest: It's impossible to pick just one so whenever I'm asked this question I say I have two: Four Brothers and She's the Man. The first is because I just got completely sucked into this story of these guys coming together and being a family despite the fact there's no actual blood between them. Their struggle to avenge the person who gave them each other, I think at least, is really touching. She's the Man is my go-to movie if I'm in a bad mood because it's just so funny. Yet at the same time it is also briefly touching base on the whole "sexist" topic. There's also the fact it ties in with one of Shakespeare's plays so... :) Jacey: Hmmm...I feel like this changes for me too often. I think it could be the Star Trek film. I just love how JJ Abrams offers us another timeline and kind of brought the franchise back to life and plus, it definitely made me more interested in the older star trek seasons. I was more of a Captain Janeway fan myself, never a Spock fan really. Not until Zachery Quinto that is. :) 
  7. Favorite book to movie adaptation? Tempest: The Road. Hands down. No questions about it. I cried at the exact same point in the movie as I did in the book. That says something. Jacey: The Godfather probably. In fact I thought Godfather parts 1 and 2 did a better portrayal of Michael Corleone's ascension to power and seemed to focus on more thought-provoking themes than the book did. I still have yet to see part 3; my father, an avid Godfather fan, forbids it. 
  8. What type of music do you like? Tempest: All types (except polka). Literally. I listen to everything: country, pop, rock, r&b, rap, dub step, techno, etc. It's all about what type of mood I'm in at a specific time that decides what I'm listening to then. Jacey: My type is all over the place usually, and my taste usually comes in phases. There was one year I had Nine Inch Nails phase, and as of recent I've been going through a Jimi Hendrix phase.
  9. Where's your favorite place to read? Tempest: Outside in my backyard under this oak tree. I like to bring out a towel lay in the sun and just read the day away. Of course, in the winter that's not really as much fun. Jacey: When I was younger I used to love reading in our Magnolia Tree out front. Moving up to CT lent me fewer reading trees, or at least trees that I could easily clamber into an read. So though I prefer trees, at the moment I like the porch steps or in the grass. In the winter, it's in front of the space heater. 
  10. Favorite hobby besides reading? Tempest: writing. I love to write. I hope to make it my career. Jacey: For a while I lovedplaying trumpet and hope to pick it up again soon.
  11. If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go? Tempest: Ireland. I've always wanted to go there. I'm just really in love with the culture and the language, and they have some great myths. Jacey: Probably Egypt. I've always loved Egyptian mythology.
Facts About Tempest:

  1. I'm an indie author of Paranormal Romance and Teen fiction. 
  2. I love to draw, and even considered being an art major before deciding on creative writing.
  3. I'm addicted to smoothies. I could drink them all day every day.
  4. My favorite color has been yellow since I was six.
  5. I have 73 books on my Kindle, 156 books on my Nook, 98 books on my iBooks, and more paperbacks/hard copy books then I can count on my shelves.
  6. Coffee is my vice, but it has to be flavored.
  7. I love animals, sometimes more then people, despite the fact I'm a people person.
  8. Rollerblading is one of my favorite things to do. I own my own blades and everything.
  9. I'm the eldest child of three, and have both a younger sister and a younger brother.
  10. I collect shot glasses, sun glasses, TV series, and (obviously) books.
  11. My middle initial "C" stands for Chani. ;)

Facts about Jacey:


  1.  I was a communication Disorders-English Double Major at UMASS Amherst 
  2. I really want to help people with their speech and language disabilities
  3. Ray Brabury is probably my favorite author or all-time
  4. I was raised in Atlanta Georgia (born in Jacksonville FL) and moved up north when I was 12
  5. I have a cat and dog: Ebony and Millie, respectively
  6. My swim stroke was the butterfly in high school
  7. I am the BIGGEST marching band nerd; played with the UMMB for 4 seasons
  8. I am not allergic to kiwi (but the family I convinced that I was was know that ;) )
  9. My favorite breakfast food is probably honey nut cheerios
  10. My first best friend was my dog, a golden retriever called Murphy 
  11. My greatest dream is to have the Green Ranger Dragon Dagger
Questions For Nominees:

1.) What is your favorite book of all time, and why?
2.) When did you start to love reading?
3.) Do you have a favorite TV show adaptation of a book series?
4.) What is your favorite genre and why?
5.) When do you usually read?
6.) Do you perfer ebooks or hard copies?
7.) Who is your favorite author?
8.) Do you organize your books shelves, or just kind of place them where ever there's space?
9.) If you had to guestimate, how many books do you own?
10.) Who is your favorite character of all time and why?
11.) If you could have written any book on the planet yourself, which would it be?

Nominees:

No comments:

Post a Comment