Saturday, January 26, 2013

Abandon by Meg Cabot

Review by Tempest.

Blurb:

Though she tries returning to the life she knew before the accident, Pierce can't help but feel at once a part of this world, and apart from it. Yet she's never alone . . . because someone is always watching her. Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

But now she's moved to a new town. Maybe at her new school, she can start fresh. Maybe she can stop feeling so afraid.

Only she can't. Because even here, he finds her. That's how desperately he wants her back. She knows he's no guardian angel, and his dark world isn't exactly heaven, yet she can't stay away . . . especially since he always appears when she least expects it, but exactly when she needs him most.

But if she lets herself fall any further, she may just find herself back in the one place she most fears: the Underworld.


* * *

I was pretty disapointed by this book. I'm a huge fan of Cabot's Mediator series, but the writting style in this was absolutly nothing like that! I couldn't even believe they were written by the same person. For one, the events in this book are all topsy-turvy. We're constantly thrown back into past occurances, but without any chance in style or format. It got to the point where I was just annoyed all the time because I wanted to know what was happening in the now as opposed to trying to figure out what happened in the past and how it relates to the present. The main character, Pierce, also was pretty annoying. She kept on saying that John had done this horrible stuff to her, when it reality...it wasn't really all that bad. She wasn't too bright either. It was just hard to route for her, or anyone else for that matter. I just couldn't bring myself to care. They all seemed so two dimensional, flat. I had to struggle practically all week just to finish this book, and the only reason I even did that much was out of respect for the author. Things were just picking up at the very end, and then it was over. I don't think I'm going to bother reading the next book. If it's written anything like this one, I already know I won't like it.


 Don't forget to join our giveaway below! Or follow the link at the top! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment